14.5.14

Eating Kampua instant noodles...

Though my family have tried the noodles already, which were imported miles away from Sibu by a kind blogger, STP, I only managed to eat it today. It was also due to the fact that I always went out and eat out with my family during weekends and I seldom have chance to cook something simple at home. Thanks to a rainy day in JB last Sunday where I finally can savoured this kampua noodles.

I unpacked the noodles which came with a pack of oil and black sauce. Then, I dump the noodles into boiling water and cooked it in a microwave for 1 min. Once done, I rinsed off the noodles with cold water before mixing it with the oil and black sauce. And, there you are - a simple instant kampua noodles.


The black sauce was nice and the noodles were smooth and soft. I don't really know how to describe the sauce but it was very good and fragrant, unlike those you found in normal instant noodles. And, I am not trying to please STP here! LOL...  I finished it very quickly and followed by my cup of 3-in-1 instant ah Huat kopi.

I hope to try the real thing in Sibu someday!! :)

27 comments:

  1. Nice! but why Ah Huat coffee har? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken - cos I just bought a pack! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it. No added char siew, spring onions and fried onions?

    Looking forward to your visit. This is "quite" like the real thing but there is nothing like actually eating kampua right here in Sibu.

    Same as all those things sold in the supermarkets - canned food, roti canai, otak-otak, steamed buns and dumplings...all not bad but nothing like the real thing...and you need to know which brand is better - not all are good.

    P.S.
    Air Asia flies direct to Sibu once every two days. Come! Come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STP - not so soon la ... got other priorities places to go first. Haha ... well, I just make it plain and didn't prepare any ingredients.

      Delete
  4. Oohh, I remember the noodles.. The ones you had to travel so far to get it, teehee.. Wah, you only eat it now ahh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess - ya lor though my family eaten it. I always eat out and my instant noodles are standby rations. Lol

      Delete
  5. Come over and try the real kampua. hahaha! At least you got to enjoy them right in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, so nice of STP to borong the instant kampua noodles and sent to bloggers from all over the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so you are in love with kampua noodles already?? hehehe, must convince your FC and plan a trip to Sibu and try the real thing there!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. and when you are making your trip, bring an empty luggage and stuff it with the instant kampua noodles to bring back home :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look very nice..... reminds me of that S'pore brand Myojo. Of course noodles different texture.

    You should buy some char siew / roasted pork to add extra ummpphh....

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL.....you got it too ya. Why no add liu one

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice la get food flown over many many miles ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. waahhh... you also tried already? Mine has gone with the wind long ago... yes, my sister said their sauce is also not bad... very fragrant..

    ReplyDelete
  13. If really visit Sibu, then don't eat kampua noodles anymore, must try other local specialties lo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sk - yeah, STP is very thoughtful !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sk - I am afraid my CFO cum wifey got other plans.

    ReplyDelete
  16. mNhL - haha...it was a last minute decision to cook it. Initially thought of going to somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kucing - last minute la ... intend to go out initially but raining heavily.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reana - you so cham ....kena gasak somemore. Ask Stp send more to you ....muhahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hayley - of course ... sure try other Stuffs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just noodles and nothing else? Nice ah?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Foongpc - yeah, just plain but still nice.

    ReplyDelete